9:00am – 11:00am Saturday at the Columbia Farmers Market, Clary-Shy Agriculture Park
CSA members interested in playing a more integral role in the farm may fulfill 4 -2.5 hour Distribution Work Shifts for $150 discount off their CSA share price. During the course of the 32 week season you will sign up to assist with distributing boxes and answering potential questions that members may have.
Distribution Site Duties
- Help unload and set up the share boxes
- Do not take a box yourself unless it is your regularly scheduled distribution day
- Greet each member as they arrive
Complete The Checklist
- Check off member’s name once they pick up their box
- Use the provided checklist to verify member is picking up a single, partial, or full share
- Place a check by any member’s name who does NOT return a box from the previous week
- Store returned boxes and burlap sacks
- Stack boxes in an out-of-the way place
- Lay the burlap sacks flat in a stack to dry
- Place burlap sacks on top of boxes before leaving the site
- Call members who have not arrived 15 minutes prior to the end of the distribution shift to verify whether they’re coming. If they are not coming leave a note or notify the drop site host so they can take care of the extra share?