Buttered Turnip Greens w/ Sesame & Feta
- 2 Tbl. unsalted butter
- 1 shallot or onion, minced
- 1.5lbs. turnip greens, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 Tbl. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup finely diced feta cheese
- 1/2 Tbl. toasted sesame seeds
- In a large frying pan melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat.
- When butter has melted, add shallot/onion and cook 1 minute.
- Add greens; wilt them, stirring every so often, for about 3 minutes.
- Add stock and cook 3 minutes.
- Add remaining butter, lemon & chili.
- Season with salt & then add cheese.
- Toss well & add sesame seeds.
- Toss again and serve.