Spicy Chopped Cucumber Couscous Salad
- 1/3 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tbl. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cooked Israeli (Pearl) couscous
- 1 large cucumber, unpeeled, & cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 Tbl. chopped, fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbl. coarsely chopped roasted peanuts
- Combine vinegar & sugar in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high power for 20 seconds. Remove from microwave and add red pepper flakes, salt & pepper to taste. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine couscous, cucumber and cilantro. Pour vinegar mixtrue over cucumber mixture. Stir gently to blend.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes for the flavors to infuse.
- Serve salad cold or at room temperature with peanuts sprinkled on top.